Saturday 23 March 2013

Christmas Cupcakes

 
So I made these cupcakes at Christmas time, but I never got around to posting them! As you can see, my green is very light, and my red is more like pink. I only had supermarket bought basic food colouring colours, and also didn't want to put too much in. Too much food colouring is definitely not good for you!
 


I used a plain butter cream for the icing, and my vanilla cupcake recipe (see here)

To do this icing, I split the mix into two bowls. Then I added green food colouring, and red to the other, until I was happy with the colour. You need 3 piping bags, and one nozzle. Take one bag, and fill it with one lot of icing. Take another piping bag, and fill it with the other icing. Flatten them out a little, so that the icing reaches the opening. Take the two bags, and slip them into the third. You need the ends to be even, or it will only pipe out one colour. Put on the nozzle, and test.






No comments:

Post a Comment