Friday 26 April 2013

Baileys and Chocolate Cheesecake


I made my first ever cheesecake!  I can't say this was the cheapest thing to make. I didn't have any Baileys so that cost $30.00. And everything else like the butter, cream cheese, thickened cream, biscuits and chocolate came to $40.00. So $70.00 just for one cheesecake...And a lot of Baileys drinks later! I may look into some other baileys baking recipes later. Not sure how much of the bottle is left though...

This recipe was not perfect. I would suggest putting more butter with the biscuits, try 20grams at a time, as with just 100grams the biscuit was still really loose. As I don't really know what it is like making cheesecake, I had a suspicion this wasn't right, but I decided to stick to the recipe.  If I had put more butter I think the biscuits will have flattened into the bottom of the tin better, as currently it is half biscuit half cheesecake! Also, digestive biscuits are yuck! I might use wine biscuits next time, or I suppose you could try malt biscuits (which I also think are yuck :P ) It also needs more Baileys. There was a really weak taste. So I would suggest adding more to your taste, and you'll want to put a bit more icing sugar or cream cheese just to keep it thick. I didn't bother putting anything on top of the cheesecake, I was really wanting to eat it asap... I found the recipe here.

Baileys and Chocolate Cheesecake
  • 100g butter
  • 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
  • 600g Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 25ml Baileys
  • 100g icing sugar
  • 300ml double cream, whipped
  • 100g chocolate, grated
  • 200ml double cream, whipped (to garnish)
  • Cocoa powder (to garnish)
  1. Melt the butter in the pan, then add the crushed digestive biscuits. Mix well until the biscuits have absorbed all the butter.
  2. Remove from the heat and press into the bottom of a lined 18cm springform tin. Place in the fridge and allow to set for one hour.
  3. Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Lightly whip the cream cheese then beat in the Baileys and icing sugar. Fold in the whipped cream and grated chocolate. When smooth, spoon evenly onto biscuits.
  4. Refrigerate and allow to set for a further two hours. Once set, remove and decorate with whipped cream and cocoa powder dusted over the top. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment