Sunday 21 July 2013

L&P Cupcakes

 
Whittaker's brought out a new chocolate, which was white chocolate with L&P! I absolutely love L&P. Last night I was making some cupcakes, and I still had some of the new chocolate left, and a bottle of L&P in the fridge. So I decided to experiment. The end result? An L&P cupcake with chocolate L&P in the centre, topped with an L&P buttercream. I was quite happy with the end result! Unfortunately I ran out of butter last night, so I could only make half the icing. And as I didn't ice these at home, I ended up with crappy photos! I didn't have much chocolate left, so I could only put one piece in each cupcake. If I had more I would have also done something different with the icing.
 
L&P Cupcakes, with L&P chocolate centre:
 
  • 125g unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup & 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons of L&P
  •  Half a block of L&P chocolate

    1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with cupcake cases.
    2. Cream the butter and sugar, then beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Sift in the flour and baking powder and beat. Pour L&P and beat well.
    3. Fill cupcake holders up to half way with the mixture, then place in two pieces of chocolate. Fill the rest of the holder.
    4. Bake for 20 minutes.
    Buttercream Icing:
    • 150g unsalted butter
    • 2 cups icing sugar
    • 2-3 tablespoons L&P
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
    1. Beat the butter until smooth and pale. Add the icing sugar half a cup at a time. Beat in the essence. Add L&P until it is to your desired consistency, and flavour. Don't put too much or it will break up the icing.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment